Apr 9, 2021
Tammie Miller, your host, welcomes you to another episode of
the Deal Team Six podcast. In this episode,
Tammie is accompanied by Scott Wolf and Julia
Papastavridis both from Willis Towers Watson, to talk about Rep
& Warranty Insurance in M&A transactions, and specifically
what sellers should know.
- (2:04) What is Rep & Warranty insurance? How to use it and
what are its benefits for both buyers and sellers.
- (6:32) Why is it better to use insurance vs your new employees
- (8:54) What exactly are we insuring?
- (17:47) Can the underwriting jeopardize your transaction?
- (19:24) What does underwriting entail from the seller and
- (25:12) What is the cost and who pays for it?
- (42:08) If you are a seller, what does subrogation mean?
- (50:13) Why Rep & Warranty insurance is completely
different from normal insurance.
- (51:18) How to choose the right broker.
If this topic interests you, check out these other
Blog "An M&A advisor will
scare away my buyer, complicate things, and cost me a lot of money.
If you think any of these things — you're wrong"
Blog "An M&A Advisor Will
Not Muddy Your Sale Transaction"
Blog "4 Experts to Turn to
During a Business Sale"
eBook: Rep and Warranty Insurance for
Small to Medium-sized Transactions